Friday and the Weekend

Friday went well for me.  I normally do not see things just line up like they did on Friday.

The first was when I registered for classes for summer and fall quarters.  I did this online Friday morning before heading to school.  It is so much simpler than standing in line at the registration counter.  I was amazed to get all the classes I wanted with few problems.  I had to switch the times around on a couple classes because one I wanted to take later in the morning was already full, but an earlier class was not.  The only class I was really worried about getting into was the Criminal Justice class I had been looking at.  There were only two of those, and one was online only, which the VA will not pay for.  Luckily, I was able to get into the other, so that was not a problem.  I was quite happy that everything worked out.

Next, I got three assignments back that I had been waiting on.  Well, the first was not nearly as long of a wait as the other two.  It was a math quiz from the day before.  I got 100 percent on it.  Then I got my in-class essay back in English.  I had been waiting a week to see the result of this.  I was not sure how well I did.  100 percent.  I was beaming.  The instructor in that class then went over what she expected to see if anyone were to rewrite the essay for a better score.  I found it difficult to appear interested in this, since I had no intention of rewriting the essay.  No point.  Then I got my psychology test back.  We took the test on Monday, and I was very happy that we got it back before the weekend.  I scored 97 percent on this one.  I was right about a couple things I thought I missed.  I know what to study better for the final.  The class as a whole did better than the first test, which made sitting through the test results better than last time.

Friday night, Mom and I went to the home of one of her acquaintances for game night.  Mom managed to get off work at a decent hour, so we were able to go.  We played "Uno Attack", "Burn It", and "Five Crowns" and had lots of laughs and fun.

Friday was a very good day.

Yesterday, I went to Kickboxing.  Then, Mom and I went to a friend's house to celebrate the friend's birthday.  From there, we went to a restaurant in a nearby town.  The town has roundabouts, which is not something I have encountered very often since my tour of duty in England.  The restaurant has several wine tasting galleries surrounding it, so the area was quite busy, but we had no trouble finding a parking spot.  There was a quilt shop across the street, so we wandered over after eating and browsed all the fabric.  I realized that I need to learn to sew better, because there were quite a few fabrics I would have enjoyed playing with.  After we finished browsing, we went back to the friend's house and chatted for a couple hours while harassing the friend's two kitties.

Today, we will be celebrating Martin's upcoming birthday.  My grandparents are coming over.  It will be an interesting afternoon.  More to come.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend


About emeree

I am an Air Force veteran. I served as a Security Forces troop for nearly seven years and reached the rank of Staff Sergeant before separating in 2008. My tours of duty were in England and Oklahoma. I live in the Seattle area, which is where I grew up. I used my GI Bill and earned a degree from the University of Washington. I currently work in downtown Seattle and experience all the adventure that comes with that.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s