Finals, Visits, and Travels

I am in the midst of finals.  Yay.  I am fairly confident in the final English paper I turned in Monday and the math final I dealt with this morning.  I just have the final in psychology on Friday and this quarter is done.  Yay! I will get one week off and then head right into Summer Quarter.

I am not sure who my Communications 101 instructor will be.  The one who was originally listed is no longer listed.  At least they finally listed the required textbook, though.  I would rather not try to deal with the bookstore next week or the first week of Summer Quarter.  They tend to be rather busy.  So, I will get that last textbook tomorrow after I drop by my English instructor's office to see if she has graded my paper.  She hoped to have most graded by tomorrow morning, but said it was not 100 percent guaranteed.  If the paper is not finished, well, my trip there will not be a loss.

One of my mom's friends works at a bank as a teller.  She was robbed last week, though I am not sure if she actually saw a weapon.  She was a bit rattled, so Mom, another friend, and I went over to cheer her up.  We took her out to lunch and then went to a quilt store to look a fabric.

We encountered a bridezilla at the restaurant.  She walked in a moment before we did and was listing off how many people she believed would be showing up.  She guessed there would be about ten people there.  Honestly, I think I would have made a reservation for a party that big.  She is lucky the restaurant was not incredibly busy.  Then, she starts going off on one of her friends, who is obviously quite tired.  From what we overheard, this friend was the Maid of Honor and had just driven a few hours to help plan this wedding.  On top of that, she had also spent the previous few days sewing the dresses for the bridezilla and bridesmaids.  I felt bad for this young woman and wanted to cheer when she made it clear to the bridezilla that she was in no mood to put up with her attitude.

The hostess eventually realized that we were not part of the wedding planning and apologized profusely for not seating us sooner.  We accepted the apology and asked to be seated away from the wedding planners.  This was not really necessary, though, as the wedding planners proved to be fairly quiet.  I guess bridezilla got the hint.

Mom got a bunch of fabric with the idea of backing a quilt and a couple pillows.  I hope to see the result of that soon.  She also enrolled in a couple quilt block-of-the-month programs.  I indicated I would be interested in helping her with the quilts, because they are both very nice.  I will be excited to see them finished in a few months.  More to come on this.

My grandparents went to Europe for a week and returned a day earlier than planned with no warning.  I was house-sitting, so I was far from thrilled.  I did not leave the place a mess by any means, but I would have made sure to make the house more presentable for their arrival if I had known they were going to be home Monday evening.  I would have cleaned the few dishes in the sink.  I would have taken out the recyclables.  I would have gathered up my stuff.  Things like that.  I would have also been waiting for them, so I could tell them about the messages from their answering machine and about the bird I encountered in their home one weekend.  Gr.

It worked out, though, and they are home safely.  My grandmother lost her purse while they were on their way back, though, so they had to deal with those hurdles yesterday.  I think someone tried to use at least one of her credit cards, because one of their phone messages was about suspected fraud on one of her credit cards.  I know how that feels firsthand.  I hope they get it resolved without too much trouble.

And lastly, my hopes of my birthday being unnoticed at my Tae Kwon Do school were futile.  My instructor simply waited until the next day to wish me Happy Birthday.  I got a huge cupcake out of the deal, but ended up red in the face from all the attention, which amused him even more.  He will likely do it again next year as a result.  Yay.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend


About emeree

I am an Air Force veteran. I served as a Security Forces troop for nearly seven years and reached the rank of Staff Sergeant before separating in 2008. My tours of duty were in England and Oklahoma. I live in the Seattle area, which is where I grew up. I used my GI Bill and earned a degree from the University of Washington. I currently work in downtown Seattle and experience all the adventure that comes with that.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s