I started this project in late 2014, and finished it early July 5th as my neighbors set off a variety of illegal fireworks in celebration of Independence Day. It is one of the largest projects I’ve stitched, though not the most challenging. The most difficult part about this project was all the backstitch. The reason it took so long to finish is because I lost motivation to stitch. It happens from time to time, and can last for months. The problem is, I have so many things I want to stitch that losing this motivation makes it harder for me to get around to everything. There are so many things I want to stitch, but I had this and another large project to finish first. I met this goal, and I’m making steady progress on the other large project. My goal is yup finish that by the end of August.
This is the third design by Joan Elliott that I’ve finished. The other two are a birth sampler and a small ornament. I’ve got numerous others in my stash, including “Enchanted Aurora”, which I’ll be starting soon. Anyway, the main reason I got this kit was all the orange kitties. I’ve always been fond of orange cats.